Saturday, March 1, 2014

Audion

I don't trust when websites post set times any more.

The noise pop website said that the Audion concert was going from 9 pm to 11 pm. So I assumed that doors open at 8, opening DJ starts at 9 and ends 30 minutes later and Audion was going to come on around 9:45  and end around 11-11:30. Best case scenario is that there would be no DJ and Audion would just go from 9-11. That would be great

NOPE!





 Opening act: Some DJ I don't know or care about.

       What ended up happening was doors opened AT 9, and a DJ played from 9:30 to friggin 11:15. Boring, repetitive beats for nearly 2 hours and I was just SICK of it. I'd go on, but just read my Pat Mahoney post, I don't want to go on about it again. Same old shit.

Headlining act: Audion

Just look at this thing:

LOOK AT IT.

This was it after the show ended and the lights went up. Here it is in action:




Fuck yes.
        Before he went on, only the two flaps on the sides were visible as they did some tests on the projectors. I only saw glimpses of the giant geometric triangle sphere while the DJ was off to the side but to see it in action was quite a bit more impressive. The sides of each of the triangles were covered in LED lights and two projectors shone on each of the triangles different trippy images throughout. It was quite a light show, but the thing that got me excited was the fact that Matthew himself seemed so happy about the whole thing. You can't really see him in the pictures above but he was smiling the whole way through.

Overall:

       Was I a little bit peeved at the long ass'd DJ set? Yes.

       Did it effect my experience? Yes.

       Did I still enjoy myself? Very yes.

Score: 7/10


(Edit: This concert was also free. Yay free!)

 Audion – Audion X

No comments:

Post a Comment