Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#MWE choices.

Started late on this, but in short I'm doing #MWE. That means I will listen to an album a day in February that I hadn't heard before and write one tweet about it. I will then put it here.

I'll pick the album that day, so no list before.

BTW I started on the 3rd, so I'll go into March to make up for it.

3rd: Ride - Nowhere

Much clearer and orchestral than most shoegaze bands back in the early 90's.

4th: Elliott Smith - Either/Or

I feel like I would enjoy this much more if I was in high school, still very pleasant.

R.I.P.

5th: Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

She undoubtedly had an amazing voice, but the production didn't blow me away. Still entertaining.


6th: Nick Drake - Pink Moon 

Another album I would have loved when I was 15, but I can still appreciate it now. Fantastic record, if short.

7th: J Dilla - Welcome to Detroit

  Good stuff, not as crazy as donuts though. 

8th: Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I May See

Almost put me to sleep, but in a very good way.

9th: MF DOOM - Mm... Food?

Great flow and lyrics, although the skits and production got annoying fast.

10th: Mercury Rev - Deserter's Songs

Sleepy time for Aliens is the best way I can describe this. 

11th: Wire - Pink Flag 

Awesome early punk in short bursts.

12th: Pixies - Bossanova 

Not as many memorable songs as their other releases, but still great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment